26 May 2008

It's Black..It's White

One of the problem having dark skin is to choose the right shades of foundation, so that you will not end up looking greyish( Eh comeonlah!! I know u people always choose 1 tone lighter so that u'll look fairer but kalo dah hitam tu hitam gak..u wouldnt look fairer but instead kelabu)...I have always used M.A.C Foundation before but now I would go for Loréal Perfect Match because of the better coverage and its light texture. Well as for me, I mix two shades in order to get the right colour for my skin..so I would mix 50-50 Loréal Perfect Match G6( one shade darker than my skin) and N7 ( same shade as my skin). Loréal Perfect Match has been classified into 3 catogeries which are the R(Rose), N(Neutral) and G(Golden/Yellow). As for Asians the N & R will suit us better because of our yellowish or brownish skin pigment.

Why some people are fair and some are dark?
Basically every human being has the same amount of melanocytes ( the cells in the bottom of the skin epidermis). But what causes the colour is the amount of melanosomes in melanocytes which is responsible to produce melanin. So to make it short and simple, darker people has greater amount of melanin and they are exist all over the epidermis.

Lastly, decorative cosmetics brand such as M.A.C., Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura have a wide range of shades to match the tone of the coloured skin.

No comments: